Updated: June 2020
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal Information. The following are categories (with non-exhaustive examples) of personal information we may collect about you and for each category the purpose for which it may be used:
|A. Individual Identifiers and Demographic Information||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name or other similar identifiers.|
|B. Sensitive Personal Information||Credit/debit card account information and other payment information.|
|C. Internet or Network Activity||Browsing history, search history, information on an individual’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
- Sources of Personal Information. We obtain the categories of personal information listed above on or through our Platform from the following categories of sources:
- Personal Information You Provide. The Receptionist collects personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us. For example, we may collect or receive personal information from Users when a User creates a User Account; edits Registration Information; signs up to receive promotional communications; uses or accesses a Service or Content available through the Platform; participates in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, or surveys; posts a review; submits a request to our customer service team; interacts with our social media pages; or otherwise interacts with us or other Users through the Platform.
- Automatically Collected Personal Information. In addition to personal information that we may receive directly from you, The Receptionist indirectly collects other information from you automatically through the Platform. For example, we receive personal information from Users when a User visits and navigates our Platform on any device; installs and uses the Application; enables location-based features on the Application. We may also collect personal information about Users over time and across different websites, apps, and devices when a User accesses the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform. The Receptionist collects some personal information automatically using cookies or other online tracking technologies.
- Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties. In addition to the personal information that we collect from you directly and automatically, The Receptionist may receive personal information about you from other third party sources. For example, we receive personal information from our business partners, social media sites, or companies that provide personal information to supplement what we already know about Users. We may merge or combine such personal information with the personal information we collect from you directly or automatically.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Receptionist’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide the Services and Content that you request on the Platform. The Receptionist may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions. For example, if you share your personal information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use such information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your personal information to facilitate new product or service orders, or process returns.
- To Improve Our Products and Services. We use personal information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users to make our Platform, Services, or Content better, diagnose technical issues, prevent fraud, and develop new features and functionality.
- To Understand Your Interests. We use your personal information to personalize your experience on the Platform and to deliver information about products and services relevant to your interests.
- To Process Your Payment for Products and Services. We use personal information to facilitate payment for products and Services that you select through our Platform.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. We use personal information to provide you with support and to respond to your requests for customer support, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses. This may also include responding to your feedback.
- To Secure the Platform. We use personal information to maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Platform, products and services, databases and other technology assets, business, and other Users.
- As Required by Law. We use personal information to respond to requests from law enforcement and as required by applicable law, court order, or government investigation.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 3.1 Related Companies and M&A Transactions. We may share your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). In addition, if we sell all or part of its business or make a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
- 3.3 Legal Compliance. We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our rights; to defend against a legal claim; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities or fraud; to protect the safety and security of other Users; or to prevent a violation of our Terms of Service.
- 3.5 Behavioral-Based Advertising. We participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our Platform so that we can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our Platform, or on other websites.
- 3.6 Partner or Client Offerings. We may jointly offer events, promotions, or any other product or service offerings with third party partners or our clients, which may be your employer. The personal information that you submit through an event, promotion, or other product or service offering may be combined and transmitted with the Registration Information related to your Account. Third party partners or clients may collection information directly from you, which may be combined with personal information disclosed by us. If you decide to request, enter into, or participate in an event, promotion, or other product or service offering that is offered by us and identified as a joint effort with a third-party partner or client, the information that you provide may be shared with us and with that identified third party.
- 3.7 Social Networking. The Platform may offer you the ability to share your personal information through a social networking website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button, or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables you to share personal information about yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that you have established with such social networking site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
- 3.8 Public Forum and Messaging. The Platform may provide you with the opportunity to post comments, messages, or reviews in a public forum. If you decide to submit personal information at these locations, that information will be available to other Users of the Platform.
- 3.9 Referrals. Users or third parties may recommend other Users to join the Platform by providing their contact information. We may also share your personal information with our third party referral partners to refer you to their products and services.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access or acquisition of your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
- YOUR CHOICES
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- 5.1 Access to Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us as described below. We will grant you reasonable access to the data that we have about you as required by law.
- 5.2 Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct the personal information contained in your Account. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Platform does not permit you to update or correct certain personal information, please contact us as described below.
- OPTING OUT
You can make the following choices to opt out of certain activities regarding your personal information:
- 6.1 Promotional E-mails. You may choose to provide us with your e-mail address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Platform, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional e-mails by clicking the “unsubscribe” links in the e-mails or by contacting us as described below. If you decide not to receive promotional e-mails, we may still send you service-related communications, such as those about your Account, to fulfill orders for products and service you have requested, or deliver notifications directly to you through the Platform.
- 6.2 Behavioral-Based Advertising Opt-Out. As outlined in Section 3.5, we participate in behavioral-based advertising. If you wish to limit third parties’ collection of information about your use of our Platform, you can opt-out of such at the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe. PLEASE NOTE THAT OPTING-OUT OF BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ADVERTISING WHILE USING THE PLATFORM. IT WILL, HOWEVER, EXCLUDE YOU FROM INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING CONDUCTED THROUGH PARTICIPATING NETWORKS, AS PROVIDED BY THEIR POLICIES AND CHOICE MECHANISMS.
- 6.3 Do-Not-Track. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
- A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
- RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
The following applies to individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- 8.1 Lawful basis for processing. The Receptionist is required to inform you of the lawful basis of our processing of your personal information, which are described in the table below. If you have questions about the lawful basis of how we process your personal information, contact us at the address listed in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below.
|Processing Purpose||Lawful Basis|
|• Collection of Sensitive Personal Information.
• To Improve Our Products and Services.
• To Market Products or Services.
|Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated on the Platform.|
|• To Provide Our Products and Services.
• To Communicate with You.
• To Understand Your Interests.
• To Process Your Payment for Products and Services.
• To Respond to Your Requests or Questions.
|Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract. You are subject to a contract with us and we need to use your personal information to provide products and services.|
|• To Secure the Platform.
• As Required by Law.
|Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
|• To Improve Our Products and Services.
• To Understand Your Interests.
• To Market Products or Services.
• To Secure the Platform.
|Processing activities constitute our legitimate interests. We consider and balance the potential impact on your rights before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent, or we are otherwise required to perform a contract or by law).|
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably determine we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. For example, we consider deidentification, aggregation, and anonymization of personal information to be compatible with the purposes listed above and in your interest, because the deidentification, aggregation, and anonymization of such information reduces the likelihood of improper disclosure of that information.
PLEASE NOTE WE MAY PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT, IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE ABOVE RULES, WHERE THIS IS REQUIRED OR PERMITTED BY LAW.
- 8.2 Retention. The Receptionist retains your personal information:
- For so long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you with the Platform or to fulfill our contractual obligations;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; and
- For so long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected such personal information.
- 8.3 Your Rights. European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our lawful basis as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
When we receive your request, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may withhold information where we are required by law to do so or if the search for that information would require disproportionate effort or have a disproportionate effect to, for example, the cost of providing the information, the time it would take to retrieve the data, or how difficult it may be to obtain the information requested.
If you are a resident EEA and would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit your request to the address listed in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
- EXERCISING YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- 9.1 No Fee Usually Required. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
- 9.2 What We May Need from You. When exercising your rights or otherwise assisting you, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure we do not disclose personal information to any person who is not entitled to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- 9.3 Time to Respond. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days of your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than 30 days to respond, for instance if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you of the delay, and may continue to update you regarding the progress of our response.
- 9.4 No Discrimination. You will not be subject to discrimination as a result of exercising the rights described herein. In some cases, when you exercise one of your rights, we will be unable to comply with the request due to legal obligations or otherwise, or we will be unable to provide you certain products or services. These responses are not discrimination and our reasons for declining your request or ceasing services will be provided at that time.
- 9.5 Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s identification information, and the authorized agent’s identification information.
- CONTACTING US
Los Trigos d/b/a The Receptionist
Attn: The Receptionist Privacy Agent
3858 Walnut St. Suite 215
Denver, CO 80205
Effective Date: June, 2020