Zapier Integration Library
You're ready to become a visitor management integration pro with our library of Zapier templates!
Not sure how to get started with our pre-made Zaps? See step-by-step instructions below the templates!
Zaps for Use Cases
Send Alert if Visitor Enters Temperature Above 98.5
If a visitor indicates high temperature upon check-in, send an alert to their host or specific person.
Send Alert if Queued Visits Nearing Office Capacity
Anytime a visit is created, filter data in Zapier and send outbound Email
Send Alert if Checked-In Visits At Office Capacity
Set a number of checked-in guests that triggers an alert if your office is at capacity
Send Check-In Email to Queued Visitors Waiting
Send a notification to a queued visitor that they have been checked in and can come inside
Send Visitor Check-Out Notification to Non-Employee
When a visitor checks out, notify a non-employee contact (i.e. a guardian waiting for them)
Send Alert if Visitor on Specified Watchlist
If a visitor on a specified list checks in, send an alert to their host or specified employee
Send Email Alert to Queued Visitors Who Forgot to Check In
Keep track of your queued visitors on a Google Sheet and send them an alert if they forget to check in after a period of time
Need help? Clone our example Sheet to your account for use in your Zap!
Mark Queued Visitors as Checked In on Google Sheet
When a queued visitor checks in, mark them as checked-in on Google Sheet (use in tandem with previous Zap)
Zaps for Apps
Create Row in Google Sheet
When visitor checks in, add their info to a new row in a Google Sheet
TIP: Use this with a Magic Cell Notification in Google Sheets for capacity tracking!
Remove Row in Google Sheet
When a visitor checks out, remove them from the Google Sheet for real-time tracking
Twilio (phone call)
When a visitor checks in, place a custom automated phone call to a specified number via Twilio
Create Zoom Meeting at Check-In
Anytime a visitor checks in, create a Zoom meeting and send them the meeting link via email.
Check-Out Notification to Slack
Anytime a visitor checks out, send a notification to their host or specified person via a Slack message to confirm checkout
This Library Is Just The Beginning...
With 4000+ available apps on the Zapier marketplace, this is list is just the very tip of the iceberg in using the data you collect to expand and enhance your business operations. Have an application you have dreamed of sending the data to? Head to The Receptionist's Zapier page to search for more even apps to connect with our visitor management software!
How to use our Zapier library
1. You'll need an active account in The Receptionist, Zapier, and any other apps you're integrating The Receptionist with via Zapier.
2. Once you've found a Zap you'd like to use on your account, click the blue 'Get The Zap' button. You'll be taken to a Zapier page that explains more about what the Zap does and the apps it integrates. Make sure you're logged into your Zapier account, then click 'Try this Zap'.
3. You'll go through the process of connecting your own accounts, including the locations and buttons you want to trigger the Zap. Filters and message content are set up for you in each template, but feel free to customize to your heart's content. It's your Zap now.
4. Zapier will ask your help to run a series of tests with the help of a recent visit in your Receptionist account. Check that the Zap is filtering the right information and sending any alerts correctly. Once you've completed the test, you can turn on your shiny new Zap.
5. Turn the Zap on and watch the integration work its magic. Now that you're a pro, browse through our Zap library for more time-saving templates, or start building your own. Happy Zapping!
Need more help figuring out how to set up a Zap template on your account? Watch some of our video tutorials below! You can also reach out to a member of our team using the orange live chat icon on the bottom right of the website for more help.
The Receptionist and Zapier Video Tutorials
Learn how to use your Receptionist visitor fields and check-in questions to set up triggers in Zapier.
Walk through the process of setting up a custom watchlist alert at your office using Zapier.
See how our Zapier Library's Twilio template can help you set up an automated Skype call notification when a visitor checks in.
Common Zapier & The Receptionist Questions
Focus on making personal connections with visitors and not on tasks that can be automated
Check out more about The Receptionist or sign up for a free 14-day trial.