I ordered a Receptionist in a Box. Now what do I do?
Step 1: Create your Receptionist account
This step is required in order to be able to sign into The Receptionist application on your iPad, configure The Receptionist application, and view your visitor log. If you have already setup an email address and password with us, you can skip these steps.
- Visit https://app.thereceptionist.com/sign_up
- Provide an email address and password to create your account. Please note, that the provided email address and password will also be used to sign into The Receptionist application on your iPad.
- Walk through our setup wizard to complete your account, upload your logo, and add a few additional contacts.
Step 2: Configure your plan
We have included these instructions in your Receptionist in a Box, but we’ve left out a critical step from this online document for security purposes. It’s very important that you perform the “Plan & Billing” step that is outlined in that document in order complete activating your account with us. If you have any questions about this step, please feel free to use the chat bubble below, send an email to email@example.com, or give us a call at 888-315-5230.
Step 3: Create your Apple account
This step is required in order to download The Receptionist application onto your iPad, and can only be performed from your iPad. If you have not received your iPad yet, please do this once it has arrived. If you already have a Apple ID that you would like to use, you do not need to create a new Apple ID.
- Open the App Store application
- Go to the bottom of the “Featured” tab, and touch the “Sign In” button.
- Touch the Create New Apple ID button to bring up the new acocunt form.
- This will begin the process of creating a new account. We recommend that this account not be tied to a specific employee to ensure that you do not get locked out of your account if the employee leaves your company.
- Towards the end you will be asked to add a credit card to your Apple account. This step is not necessary in order to install The Receptionist application. Feel free to choose the “None” credit card option. If you do end up wanting to install an application in the future to your iPad that costs money, you will be asked to enter a credit card again at that time.
- Once you have finished creating your account, Apple will send a verification email to the email address that you used. You will need to read this email and click on the “Verify now” link in order to confirm your email address and activate your account.
- After you verify the account, you will then be able to sign in using the password you used when creating the account.
Step 4: Install The Receptionist
You can now search for “The Receptionist for iPad” in the App Store and press the “Get” button to install our application onto your iPad.
Once the application is installed, you can touch the “Open” button to launch The Receptionist. You can then sign in using the email address and password that you created in step 1.