Mid-Level Ruby on Rails Developer
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You believe technology will impact all aspects of how humans interact, and are passionate about finding fun and elegant ways to make that happen.
- You have a “do whatever it takes” attitude.
- You want to learn more, build your experience, and contribute within a fast-paced agile environment.
- You have a focus on users and customers, and a desire to win in the marketplace.
- You excel at working with other employees and within teams.
- You “get” MVP
What will you be doing?
You will be working with our small, agile and smart team to build a best-in-class web application and API that companies will use to engage and interact with their visitors.
What are the essential job functions?
- Collaborate with team members.
- Produce solid, thoroughly tested features–including automated unit tests.
- Defensively code today’s features with an eye for the future.
- Turn user interfaces designs, and feature requirements into sound creative software designs.
- Have an attention to detail that ensures not even a single pixel is out of place.
What skills are required?
- A solid understanding of the Ruby programming language
- Deployed at least one Rails web application into production
- Created background jobs with Sidekiq, Resque, DelayedJob, or ActiveJob
- Comfortable writing tests with RSpec
- Git, GitHub
- Agile software development
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming principles, architecture and design patterns
What additional skills would be beneficial?
- Experience building APIs that are consumed by mobile devices
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment workflows and tools
Are you interested in working with us?
Please send us a copy of your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
You can also learn more about working with The Receptionist for iPad from our Careers page.